From February 19 to February 23, specialists of LLP NPF SEVKAZENERGOPROM took part in the working group on updating the existing Rules for safe operation of electrical installations in the Republic of Komi (PUE) in the Department of Electric Power and Coal Industry of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Having considered the current Rules for the installation of electrical installations approved by Order No. 230 of the Minister of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan of March 20, 2015, (hereinafter referred to as the Rules), the Working Group notes that in the current Regulations there are shortcomings, inaccuracies, and discrepancies with other regulatory legal acts in of the electric power industry, which causes numerous appeals from the country's energy producing, energy-transferring and energy supplying organizations, as well as electricity consumers according to these Rules in the Minister the energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, to other interested state bodies, to the Kazakhstan Electric Power Association.
The working group during the period from 9 to 12 January and from 19 to 23 February 2018 carried out work on introducing changes, additions and adjustments to the existing Regulations.
At the same time, the Working Group notes that the current Rules do not reflect the necessary changes in the regulation of the design and operation of electrical installations in connection with the commissioning of new energy capacities and the implementation of reconstruction and modernization carried out at the republic's energy enterprises.
In the appeals of the republic's energy companies it is noted that the current Rules are inconvenient to use, especially for the work of the dispatch services, when it is necessary to react promptly in the event of emergencies and failures in the operation of electrical equipment. The format of the Rules is desirable to be given in accordance with the format used in all the CIS member states.
In view of the foregoing, and for the purpose of ensuring reliable and safe operation of the Kazakhstani power system, the regulation of design works for newly constructed and reconstructed AC and DC electrical installations, including special electrical installations, and taking into account the mandatory implementation in the operating conditions of planned preventive and preventive tests, repairs of electrical installations and their electrical equipment, the Working Group proposes:
Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
1. In accordance with the established procedure for the adoption and approval of regulatory legal acts, take full account of changes, additions and adjustments made by the Working Group to the current Rules for the installation of electrical installations.
2. For convenience of using the Rules, it is necessary to change their format, i.e. lead in accordance with the format used in all CIS member states (given the large volume of the Rules, remove the end-to-end numbering of points, add tables to the relevant chapters of the Rules, etc.)
3. The current Rules should be supplemented with the following requirements for the installation of electrical installations:
1) installation of dry transformers;
2) installation of automatic circuit breakers (reclosers, etc.) on the branch lines of the OL;
3) to premises for installing uninterruptible power supplies;
4) installation of controlled arc suppression reactors and control system to them;
5) to cables with XLPE insulation;
6) to the use of self-supporting insulated wires (SIP);
7) to the use of frequency-controlled drives;
8) to the unification of the acquired equipment in the construction and reconstruction of electrical installations of power plants and networks, as well as consumers;
9) on renewable energy sources;
10) introduction to the Rules: maps of the regionalization of the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the thickness of the ice wall, on high-speed winds, on the dance of wires, on the degrees of atmospheric pollution; maps of average annual duration of thunderstorms.
4. It is necessary to harmonize the Rules for the installation of electrical installations with other existing rules in the field of electric power (PTB, PTE, Fire Safety Rules, etc.).
5. To include the following priority regulatory documents in the Development Plan for Normative Legal Acts in the Electric Power Industry:
1) Rules for grounding and lightning protection of buildings and structures;
2) Rules for the application and testing of protective equipment in electrical installations;
3) Standards of technological design of air and cable power lines;
4) Standards of technological design of electrical networks and substations;
5) Instruction for the operation of overhead lines with a voltage of 35 kV and above;
6) Guidelines for the assessment of the electromagnetic environment and electromagnetic compatibility of microprocessor devices used at power facilities;
7) Rules for conducting emergency drills with personnel at power plants.
6. It is advisable to work out the issue of establishing a single body under the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan for monitoring and developing normative legal acts and normative and technical documents in the field of electric power industry.
7. To leave with the proposal to develop a unified Rules for the installation of electrical installations in the energy space of the CIS member states.
LLP NPF "SEVKAZENERGOPROM"